Quick Green Chicken Curry
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons green curry paste
750g skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
Zest and juice of 1 lime
400ml coconut milk
15g (small handful) fresh coriander, chopped
100g toasted flaked almonds
400g basmati rice
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the curry paste and cook over a high heat for 1 minute.
2. Add the chicken and sear all over in the paste for around a minute then add lime zest and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened slightly.
3. Stir in the chopped coriander and lime juice. Leave to stand for a few minutes to allow the sauce to become creamier before serving. You'll taste the true flavours of the curry paste when the sauce is slightly cooler.
4. Pop the rice in a sieve and rinse well under cold running water, then put into a large saucepan. Cover with plenty of water and bring to a simmer, leaving to cook gently for 10 minutes and stirring occasionally.
5. When your rice is cooked, drain in a colander, then arrange in a ring on each plate. Spoon on some of the curry, sprinkle over flaked almonds, and voila - a simple and impressive meal that will feed both you and your housemates!
Ingredients for curry paste
1 inch piece of grated ginger
1 clove peeled garlic
Small bunch coriander
1 stalk of lemongrass
1 lime grated and juiced
1 tbsp. coriander seed
1 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. brown sugar
Pinch ground cumin
Blitz all ingredients in a food processor to for a paste use immediately for curry or store in the fridge for up to a week.