Flavour Fest Greats:Honey & Five Spice Duck Breasts
2 x Creedy Carver duck breast
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
1 tsp mixed spice
4 tbsps. clear honey
3 tbsps. olive oil
freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1. In a bowl, mix together the spices, honey, sugar, olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Trim a little of the duck fat off the sides of the breasts and season with a little salt.
3. Place the duck breasts skin side down into a frying pan, and cook on a moderate heat. At regular intervals, pour away the excess fat into a heat proof bowl. Once the fat is golden brown, turn the breasts over and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Remove any excess fat, and pour the honey and spice mix over the duck breasts. Cook for a further 2 minutes, turning after 1 minute.
5. Remove the duck breasts form the pan and place them onto a wire cooling rack (skin side up). Pour the honey and spice mix over the duck and allow to rest for 5-6 minutes. Serve with sautéed potatoes and kale or your choice of starch, and enjoy!