Winter Parsnip and Mustard Gratin
400ml double cream
300ml veg stock
1 cloves minced garlic
Grating of nutmeg
8 tsp wholegrain mustard
100g grated parmesan
Salt and ground pepper
1. Peel the parsnips and cut into 1cm thick rounds.
2. In a pan, bring the milk, cream, garlic, mustard, half the parmesan and stock to a simmer with a grating of nutmeg.
3. Add the cut parsnips, and cook gently for 10 minutes or until tender.
4. Drain, reserving the liquid. Put the liquid back to the pan and reduce on the hob to slightly thicken, then season to taste.
5. Place the cooked parsnip pieces in a gratin dish and pre-heat the grill. Then, pour the reduced liquid over the parsnips and scatter over remaining cheese
6. Place under the hot grill until golden and leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
The perfect side dish for a delicious Christmas dinner!