Artichoke and White Chocolate Tart
1 x 8-inch short crust pastry case
500ml whole milk
6 egg yolks
50g castor sugar
100g white chocolate
200g peeled Jerusalem artichokes
Punnet of strawberries
1. Preheat your oven to 140°C
2. Peel and thinly slice the artichokes, then add to the milk, bring to the boil and gently simmer for 10 minutes or until the artichokes are soft.
3. Blend the milk and artichoke together and pass through a fine sieve.
4. Whisk in the white chocolate, then leave the mix to cool slightly.
5. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and pale. Add the milk mixture and whisk to combine
6. Next, pour the custard into the tart shell and cook for 20-25 minutes until just set.
7. Once cooked, allow to cool for 2 hours to room temperature.
8. Wash and slice strawberries and decorate on top.
9. Slice, serve and enjoy.