Bonfire Night Bangers!
1 butternut squash
2 tbsp. clear honey
1 large red onion cut into petals
3 rashers of smoked streaky bacon cut into thick lardons
4 cloves of minced garlic
2 sprigs of picked thyme.
6 shredded sage leaves
80g Stilton cheese
Zest and juice1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 220oc/gas 7
2. Take the garlic, lemon zest, juice and the thyme and mix with two tbsps. olive oil rub all over the sausages, season and leave out at room temperature to marinade whilst you prepare the vegetables.
3. Take a large roasting tin and pop in the oven to heat up then cut the potatoes and the squash into 2 inch chunks cut the onion into petals toss in a bowl with the bacon lardons and remaining oil and seasoning, so all are coated.
4. Following this, put mixed ingredients into the pre heated roasting tin and shake up all ingredients so they are coated well in the hot oil then lay over the pork sausages and any remaining marinade ingredients.
5. Roast in the hot oven for 20 minutes shake the tray and turn the ingredients half way through cooking, in the last 5 minutes drizzle over honey scatter shredded sage and crumble over the stilton cheese, cook for a further 5 minutes then remove, why not serve with some seasonal curly kale.