SERVES 6 OR 16 AS FINGER FOOD
- Flour, for dusting
- 200g all-butter puff pastry
- 6 tablespoons sweet onion relish
- 100g plum tomatoes, halved
- 150g rindless goat's cheese, crumbled
- Crushed sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves and extra virgin olive oil, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. Lightly dust the work surface with flour and roll out the pastry to about 20 x 30cm. Lay the pastry on the lined baking sheet and prick it all over with a fork. Bake for about 12 minutes until crisp and golden.
3. Remove from the oven and press the pastry down with a clean tea towel. Using the back of a spoon spread the onion relish over the pastry just up to the edges.
4. Season the tomatoes and arrange over the relish. Scatter over the goat's cheese then return the sheet to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
5. To serve, carefully slide the pissaladiere onto a chopping board. Scatter with the basil leaves and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Cut into 6 slices or 16 nibble-sized portions for perfect finger food.