- 1 litre of water
- 500g caster sugar
- 200g glucose
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1.5kg fresh passion fruit juice
- Seeds of 3 passion fruits to garnish (optional)
1. Place the water, sugar and glucose syrup into a heavy-based pan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat, then pour into a bowl inside a basin of crushed ice to chill.
3. Combine the lemon and passionfruit juices, then stir into the chilled syrup, mixing well.
4. Churn in an ice cream machine, or place uncovered in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Blitz in a food processor until smooth, then freeze until set. Repeat the process once more, cover with a lid, and freeze a final time until set.